Saturday, October 9, 2010

i remember during my second year college.i was posting at the busiest medical ward in Assunta Hospital. while doing my morning duty, i assist an old man from the bed to a commod chair ( a mobile chair that can be used for defecation and passing urine). after he did his business, i help to clean him. after all things were done, he look at me and said i have a daughter just like you! and he started kissing my hands and arm saying thank you! thank you! repeatedly. i was rather shocked but still smiled and say welcome. later he told me he was a professor in a university. few minutes later, his wife came in the room. i smile at her, she thank me too. before the man discharged from the ward, i saw both of them in a loving gesture trying to find words to write in a thank you card for the staff nurses.
to patients, helping them to clean them self up would make them feel shy and obligated. for nurses to meet their demands, it not easy. i didn't mind cleaning people's dirt,cause Jesus had already clean it up for me.

No comments: